FreeSpirit Yoga is committed to providing an optimum experience for everyone who walks through their doors. In order to do this and to remain a sustainable, we have a few policies that you may want to become familiar with.
Code of Conduct: FreeSpirit Yoga is a small local studio that provides yoga, wellness and wellbeing services to the community. In order to make a pleasant experience for everyone, please adhere to the following when visiting our studio:
- We request that you respect the calm space provided by refraining from using your cellphone inside the studio.
- Please turn cell phone off or on MUTE and leave it in your cubby while in class.
- When arriving to class, there may be a class currently in session (and probably in savasana). While waiting in the foyer, please keep your voices down to a minimum.
- Yoga is a sacred practice that needs a sacred, safe environment to practice. Therefore, during class, any type of disruptive behavior is not welcome. Disruptive behavior can be classified as speaking loudly during class, checking your phone/texts, taking unauthorized pictures, wearing strong perfumes or scents (others may be allergic), and eating in class. Please step outside if you need to do any of these so as to respect the practice of others.
- If there are any miscommunications or disputes regarding your account, they will be handled with mutual respect and understanding.
- We have the right to refuse service to anyone who does not treat our staff, teachers and/or studio with kindness and respect.
- Refund and Returned Check Policy
- Auto Renew Policy
As well, our teachers are upheld to high ethical and professional standards. Yoga Alliance’ Code of Conduct is our guideline for teacher behavior. If our teachers are not adhering to this, please do not hesitate to contact Veronica at firstname.lastname@example.org
Yoga Alliance Code of Conduct
Yoga Alliance’ code of conduct is a declaration of acceptable ethical and professional behavior by which all registrants agree to conduct the teaching and business of yoga. It is not intended to supersede the ethics of any school or tradition but is intended to be a basis for yoga principles. As a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT®), Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (E-RYT®) or representative of a Registered Yoga Schools (RYS®), I agree to uphold the following ethical principles:
Conduct myself in a professional and conscientious manner. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring that I live up to any commitments I make to my students or to the public, and ensuring that my practices and behavior conform to the representations I make about myself in holding myself out as a yoga practitioner who adheres to certain precepts.
Acknowledge the limitations of my skills and scope of practice and where appropriate, refer students to seek alternative instruction, advice, treatment or direction.
Create and maintain a safe, clean and comfortable environment for the practice of yoga.
Encourage diversity by respecting all students regardless of age, physical limitations, race, creed, gender, ethnicity, religion or sexual orientation.
Respect the rights, dignity and privacy of all students.
Avoid words and actions that constitute sexual harassment or harassment based on other legal protected characteristics.
Adhere to the traditional yoga principles as written in the yamas and niyamas.
Follow all local government and national laws that pertain to my yoga teaching and business.